Bridal Beauty Countdown
Brides undoubtedly want to look their best on their wedding day. Begin a beauty care regimen now and step it up a few months before the big day. Everything from hair to nails to skin needs advance maintenance to get that flawless look. Here’s a checklist to follow as your beauty countdown begins.....
- Begin to get monthly manicures and pedicures, if you can afford them.
- If you want longer nails, begin getting artificial nails or grow out your own nails. If you want to address problems like brittle nails or dry cuticles, chat with your manicurist.
6 Months Before
- Work out areas of your body that will be prominently displayed in your dress — chest, arms and waist.
6 to 9 Months Before
- Book your makeup artist and hair stylist for the wedding date. Discuss a wedding-day schedule.
- Begin to have your hair trimmed every four to six weeks..
- Test-run your makeup and hair. Mimic the wedding day. Use the same cosmetics; wear your veil and headpiece.
- Make an appointment for a tooth cleaning for one to two weeks before the wedding day.
- Consider having your eyebrows shaped professionally. Get them waxed or tweezed monthly.
1 to 2 Months Before
- Get your teeth professionally whitened, if you can afford it.
- Start drinking at least eight glasses of water a day.
1 to 2 Weeks Before
- Get your final haircut or coloring. That way, the cut and color will have time to adjust.
- Go for final eyebrow shaping. Get any other waxing you’d like, such as your upper lip or bikini area.
- Get your last facial if you’ve been having them regularly. It will give your face time to tone down if it looks red or puffy.
- Start getting enough sleep.
- Avoid the sun, or wear sunblock to prevent tan lines or redness.
- Get teeth cleaned by your dentist.
1 Day Before
- Avoid salty foods and alcohol, which can promote bloating, puffy eyes or other conditions.
- If you get last-minute breakouts, visit your dermatologist. He or she can give you an injection to reduce the swelling.
- Get a manicure and pedicure.
- Go for a massage.
- Take a nap and go to bed early.
- Put your skin in gear. Exfoliate your skin with a body wash. Apply lots of moisturizer all over your body. Use only products that you’re familiar with.
- Again, drink lots of water.
- Eat! No one wants a bride to faint.
- Get your hair and makeup done. Wear a robe or button-down shirt so you don’t ruin your face or hair.
- Relax and smile!
It’s Your Wedding Day so Enjoy It…..